Don’t Risk Your Investment
By Ignoring The Possibility
Of Site Contamination
GreenWorks’ services go beyond inspections of residential and commercial structures. We have the capability to perform Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments (ESA’s).
ESA’s are essential in building on undeveloped land. These important studies reduce a consumer’s risk of investing in real estate with environmental contamination issues. Environmental Site Assessments include an examination of both the land itself and physical improvements to the property.
Elements Of A Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment:
- Gathering Information about the present and past use of the site
- Inspection of the site by an environmental professional from GreenWorks
- Review of the environmental files maintained by regulatory agencies and site owner(s)
- Formulating a report that identifies existing and potential causes of contamination on the property
At the conclusion of a Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment, a determination will be made as to whether or not additional site investigation is necessary.
Elements Of A Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment:
- Gathering specific details about the property, including the following information:
- Above and underground storage tank content
- Geomagnetic or geophysical surveys
- Sampling of Asbestos Containing Material (ACM)
- Sampling of groundwater and surface water
- Sampling of plant and or aquatic species
- Sampling of sediment
- Sampling of soil vapor
- Sampling of the surface and subsurface
- Directly measuring conditions such as radiation or noise levels
- Using environmental fate or transport models to evaluate the possible migration of the contamination
A Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment determines whether or not there is a need for remedial work and if the conditions of the site are adversely affecting the surrounding land. If so, the appropriate regulating agencies must be notified.
When buying or selling property, an investor wants to be certain that their investment is protected. The goal is to maximize value and minimize risk.
Allowing GreenWorks to carry out a Phase 1 and/or Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment will give you the assurance you need to feel good about your real estate investment.
TRUST THE BEST…