Blog > What to do with a freshly refinanced home?
It’s no secret that interest rates have reached a historic low. Although there is uncertainty in the air within different industries, the real estate industry is allowing qualified owners the chance to refinance at a lower rate.
What does this mean? Refinancing can allow homeowners a variety of options some include:
- Reduced monthly payments
- Pay off the loan quicker
- Get rid of mortgage insurance
- Switch from an ARM to a fixed rate loan
- Tap into your equity!
Opportunities seem endless, But what to do with a freshly refinanced home loan and where to start? How about using the extra money to maintain the investment the allowed you the opportunity to being with?
Perfect time to work on the upkeep of your property and adding value by maintaining things like:
- Fixing the foundation to keep the structure of your home intact
- Take care of the insulation in your attic
- Invest in energy efficient windows
- Update your plumbing
- Update your electrical wiring
- Remove the paneling and popcorn
- Renovate spaces that are used often like the kitchen and restrooms.
All in all the choice is up to you but being conscious about tending to the investment you made when deciding to buy a home will only reap benefits in the long run.
You can start the decision to maintain your home by getting an inspection done. The inspection will give you information on what big ticket items should be taken care of first and what can wait to be fixed. GreenWorks checks the exterior, interior, heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing, and crawl space and uses a 600-point checklist. We’re ready to help you add the value that your property deserves.
TRUST THE BEST…